Our Chance to Support a Bulgarian play in English in London
We would like to kindly invite you to help with the community-funding of the production of Stanislav Stratiev’s Roman Bath for the first time ever on British stage at the famous Arcola Theatre in London!
The much-loved Bulgarian play Roman Bath has been performed...
over 10 consecutive seasons in Sofia to packed halls as well as throughout the Balkans and as far as the USA and India, but never on British soil. Now, award-winning playwright Justin Butcher brings to life this satirical masterpiece in fresh translation in English and adaptation, commissioned specifically for this production.
The organisers at Gologan Productions have encountered sudden financial difficulties, have had to scale down the "Bulgarian Season" at Arcola to just one play and hence this appeal for you to help in any way you can make this production become a reality. Gologan's website can be accessed here: http://www.gologanproductions.co.uk/gologanproductions.html
The play is produced under the Patronage of HRH Prince Kyril of Bulgaria and with the generous support of Sir Tom Stoppard.
Important: When you make a donation through PayPal, please put a note in the "Add special instructions to the seller section, saying "BCC" so that we can keep a track of the total amount raised by us, our friends of friends, strangers and unrelated parties.
We ask that you commit as little as £10. It does add up and together we can make a difference. If you have spent £10 to see James Cameron’s blue people, we hope that you will trust Sir Tom’s judgment and spend at least as much to support original art in the form of 19 performances by 22 actors and artists of the Roman Bath production.
Following on the success on the 5th Annual Bulgarian Film Festival in London when you helped sell out the performances, we are positive that together we will bring another cultural success to London.
We look forward to another great Bulgarian night on 29 April, 2010, at the Arcola Theatre!
You can follow the progress of the rehearsals and the journey of the play to the the Arola stage on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=349926457433&ref=nf#!/pages/THE-ROMAN-BATH-a-Comedy-at-the-Arcola-Theatre/113401848682909
(for a disclaimer, please read on)
This message and its contents and any other information, whether or not in writing, supplied in connection with this message or in connection with any further communication in this respect:
• is for information purposes only and is being made available only to a limited number of parties who may have a preliminary interest in finding out more about the donation opportunity the subject matter hereof with a view to assisting the recipient in deciding whether it wishes to proceed with the further investigation of the said donation opportunity;
• is not intended and does not constitute financial promotion whether or not an offer or invitation for the sale or purchase of securities or any of the assets, business or undertaking described in this message in any country or jurisdiction; and
• does not purport to be comprehensive, has not been independently verified and may not be relied on as a promise or representation as to the information contained in it or the future in any way.
The recipient of this message:
• may not use this communication for any purpose other than in connection with the recipient’s possible donation the subject matter hereof; and
• must conduct their own investigation and analysis of the donation opportunity the subject matter hereof and data contained in this message and any related information directly with Gologan Productions or otherwise.
The Bulgarian City Club, its General Committee and Trustee and their advisers:
• so far as permitted by law and except in the case of fraud by the party concerned, undertake no obligation to provide any additional information or to update this message or to correct any inaccuracies which may become apparent;
• give no undertaking, representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this message, or as to the achievability or reasonableness of any projections, target, estimates or forecasts (if any) contained in it;
• shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of relying on any statement in or omission from this message (negligent or otherwise) and any such liability is expressly disclaimed; and
• reserve the right, without advance notice, to change the procedure for the donation or otherwise or to terminate further involvement in the subject matter hereof.